In the spirit of lists, I thought you might enjoy my contribution to this one, You Know You're In The Depths Of Remodeling When...
Click to see the album, The Condo With The Killer View.
1. You are only able to watch television on your laptop even though you have 5 flat screens in your house.
2. Your guests routinely ask, “Will you have running water? How about electricity?” before planning a visit.
3. You only walk through the house with your shoes ON.
4. You suspect that you might be high on paint fumes, and it's a familiar feeling.
5. You can recite your granite options backwards and forwards while simultaneously patting the top of your head and rubbing your stomach.
6. Your contractors are all on speed dial and you know the names of their kids. And dogs.
7. You refer to the Lowe's security guard that locks the doors at the end of each evening by his first name. And he knows yours.
8. The Special Services crew at Home Depot actually became so involved in one of your projects that they helped you paint it. (Kudos, Oakland Park! Special thanks to Rico!)
9. You sketch ideas so often that when you run out of paper you start using napkins. Then, you turn to receipts. In a pinch, you'll even take notes on the back of your hand.
10. You’ve convinced yourself that this is the last time that you’re ever renovating anything. Ever. Really, I mean it this time…
Okay, it's your turn to spill now. How did you realize that you were knee deep in the throes of a renovation project?