Sunday, February 28, 2010

Before + Progress Pictures: The Historic House By The Water: Dining Room, Part 1

Did you have a nice Saturday?

I hope so.

This is how I spent mine.



That's some of what it takes to manage a little sprucing up over here these days. I spent nine and a half hours trying to hide that debris. Covering up Watergate was probably easier than this.

Anyway, I was cleaning up for a visit from these lovely folks.



Those are Andrew's parents. Aren't they sweet looking? They're just as nice as they look, too. They'll be here all week but, since we'll be out and about most of the time, it's not slowing down the renovation.

Oh, and remember that door that I fell in love with? Well, he's up.



Not bad, eh? Here are those Before + After sketches that I took five minutes to jot down for your reference.



New door, no more Fugly Vents. Thank goodness. So what do you think?

On a side note, Andrew recently pointed out to me that the word fugly is a combination of fucking and ugly. Who knew? Kind of ruined it for me.

8 comments:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Fugly happens to be one of my favorite words - though I mostly pretend it means Freaking Ugly! Love your blog and I am looking forward to looking through it!

Elisa @ whatthevita said...

What? Really? Ugh ruined it for me too...

Looking good so far! Great solution to the vents..

Kelly said...

Thanks, Jess! Elisa, I am so reassured that I am not the only one that thought this was Big News.

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

I didn't know this!! Janell

micah @ the yellow front door said...

I didn't know that about "fugly" either! Your in-laws look sweet and your new door is fab!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

You didn't know that fugly was that combination? Huh. I never knew it as anything but that.

Kelly said...

Justin, we keep you around to educate us!

Anonymous said...

When I was young it meant fat and ugly... fugly. But later on fucking ugly also works... so you should be able to use it either way. :)