Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Like Kids, My Husband Likes Kids

I like children. Most children. When I was in college I was a nanny for a two year old boy named Hunter. He was difficult and challenging and I loved him. He made me laugh. He wasn't boring.

Andrew likes children. He points them out to me at the grocery store. He calls me over to see pictures of them on Facebook. He talks about Little League and family vacations and infant size football jerseys.



But what about everything else that comes along with those pint size people? Like the poop bombs and the boosters and the chicken pox and the pediatricians and the paranoid parents and the poop bombs and the life insurance and the pacifiers and the poop bombs?

I asked a few of my mama friends about it.

"ALWAYS ASSUME THE WORST WHEN IT COMES TO THE POOP BOMBS, KELLY."

We've decided to refill my birth control.

14 comments:

Vonda said...

You make me laugh!

Katie @ Domestiphobia said...

Yes but you have dogs, so I'd think you'd be used to the poop bombs! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks, Vonda.

And Katie, you make a good point -- but at least they're outside the house. But then a person could totally train a two month old to poop outside, right?

Kelly said...

I would like to clarify that I was talking about the poop bombs, not the dogs. I do not condone keeping dogs outside. Children, maybe, poop bombs, definitely, dogs, no.

Just to be clear.

a Broad said...

I had 2 children and I now have a large Standard Poodle.
Some days I am not sure what the difference is. Except the dog never ever throws a tantrum or talks back.
One day it will just be time and you will want to have one, even with the bombs etc.

Danielle and Clint said...

I have come to the conclusion that animals are furry children.

Life in Rehab said...

You definitely can't line a cage with newspaper, toss the kid in and go shopping for 6 hours, but I have to tell you, the children have been exhausting fun.

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Yes, they bring a lot of the unexpected and often quite terrifying into your lives! No rush girl, if you get ready, then move forward...:)
Janell

Leslie said...

kids don't get the chicken pox anymore. there's a vaccine for that:) but the poop bombs....oh the poop bombs!!

Deb said...

You forgot projectile vomit...And now you're calling the pharmacy for another refill :)

Kelly said...

Sunny and Janell, I will keep your advice in mind!

Also, Deb brings up an excellent point. HOW COULD I FORGET THE PROJECTILE VOMIT? I thought I was past that after college...

J and K said...

First, Raising Arizona is one of my favorite movies EVER. "Son, you got a panty on your head."

Second, and on a more serious note... I think I called my own bluff when it comes to being baby crazy. The clock is ticking but I'm so not ready. I'm scared I won't ever decide NOT to refill my pills. So I'm going to go climb Mt. Everest and see how I feel after that.

Lisa said...

I'm with you Kelly! Kids do have some fantastic accessories sometimes...

Rambling Renovators said...

Oh but its the moment in between the poop bombs that make it all worth it :)