Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm Laughing JUST Like Tom Today

Hey, everyone.



Thanks for all of your emails about The Roof progress. I'm incredibly appreciative when you check in on my projects at all, especially the ones that I barely mention, especially when they are costing us the price of a small child on the black market.

Today, the workers are coming to finish the garage which I'm turning into a studio, and I'm feeling a wee bit on edge (imagine that!) about how it will end up. Please cross all of your fingers and toes that hopefully one or more of these things won't occur...



Thank you all (again) for hanging in there with me throughout this latest renovation. I can't wait to show you some more Afters soon.

And really!

Thank you!



p.s. I went back and read a bunch of my old posts last night and about eighty percent of them are too terrible for words. I literally had to sit on my hands so that I wouldn't delete half of this blog, because at some point I thought that dark videos and close ups of reptiles should be included in a variety of my posts. If you've unsubscribed to us in the past, I want you to know that I totally understand why you're not reading this right now and I harbor absolutely no hard feelings.

p.p.s. Unless you are reading this, and then eff you, you're a flipping hypocrite.

p.p.s.s. And, nope, I'm not going to write out the word fuck because it makes me feel like a bad person and then you win.

p.p.p.s.s. And why should you win if you're not even a subscriber?

p.p.p.s.s.s. Unless you're not a subscriber and you're not reading this, in which case we all win.

24 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

reno's are tough shit.....uggggg, I know yours will turn out great.

hugs

Life in Rehab said...

I called my electrical contractor something that made my husband cringe and turn green. It's far worse than fuck. So I know how you feel.

And please, when I reread some of my earlier posts, I feel like setting my English degree on fire and refusing to pay my student loans.

Danielle and Clint said...

All I have to say is F-U! :-P

a Broad said...

I think this is a lesson to bloggers Never To Read Their Past Posts !

Good luck today, I hope it all comes out just the way you wanted it..or even better, how's that ? :)

chau, C

Kelly said...

Aw, thanks, Danielle! FU, too!

Brooke&Tyson said...

hahaha I love reading your blog because I just laugh... You are so funny! Can't wait to see the before and after pictures!!

Kelly said...

Sunny, there is a word worse than fuck? Seriously? Someone please bring me up to speed.

Shanley said...

I feel the same way about my past posts, I have to stop myself from clicking through! Loved your ps and pss and etc. etc. :)

Kelly said...

I know, right, Shanley? I'm strongly considering figuring out how to automatically delete everything I write within five minutes of me posting it.

The Rural Socialite said...

I absolutely LOVE The Money Pit! Funniest movie ever. I feel like I live it every day, so I can't imagine how you must relate to it!

Kelly said...

It sort of makes me want to laugh, sort of makes me want to cry, you know? But Tom Hanks is classic in it!

Life in Rehab said...

I'm never getting a World's Cutest Blogger award, am I?

Life in Rehab said...

Kelly...I called him a cum-guzzling-gutter-whore. And my personal favorite is ankle, which is 3 feet lower than a c**t. Take your pick.

Kelly said...

Whoa. I can't even SAY "c word" let alone, well, you know, the whole thing. And I can't say the t word, either. Words that have to do with female anatomy just do not roll off my tongue.

Deb said...

I used to come here for the reno stuff. Now I come here because you crack me up :) And my motto is If saying the F word ten times a day helps you get THROUGH the day, then so be it. It's a very satisfying word.

Kelly said...

Deb, that's the nicest comment I've gotten all day. And it's sort of a relief, too, because at first I thought it was going to end with, "BUT not anymore, F YOU!!!"

So bullet dodged there.

Suzanne D. said...

I know how you feel Kelly. I've felt the need to delete past topics on my blog. As you say eff it! who cares. keep it movin :)

Christen said...

Ha ha- love that video clip!

And "fruit" any people who stopped reading your blog! "Frittata?" Errr.. "fructose?" Somehow substituting "F" words for "f**k" isn't quite satisfying, is it? Ha ha!

For the record, I don't think you lost anyone! Your blog is hilarious

Vonda said...

These comments reminded me of our ski trip this year and my surely-you'll-have-altzhimers way of forgetting/creating words. Bascially while waiting a long time for the shuttle to come pick us up, one of our guy friends (and the oldest one I might add, by a lot) just goes off on the driver b/c the van is full and storms off to the house refusing to take the ride. Anyway, we're all crammed in w/a bunch of strangers and I yell "WOW, don't worry about him, he's just having one of his P#S$y Fits". It went from loud to crickets and a few strangers were like "did you just say...", while my husband's mouth was agape and my friends were roaring w/laughter. There I was trying to backpaddle & tell them I meant to say (while THINKING 'what a Pword') "WOW, don't worry about him, he's just having one of his HISSY Fits!"
Did I mention I'd started off the day w/mimosas? Does that help? And our group was forced to hand over a much bigger tip - whether that was me or our friend, who knows???

Vonda said...

PS - Good luck w/the roof! We just had our garage roof redone last year. It tured out great and it's awesome that all of our stuff isn't getting dripped on anymore!

k + b said...

haha! and i would assume that subscribers... win?

Rachelle said...

My parents got us a copy of that movie when we bought our house :)

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Your blog is seriously entertaining! I have lived the Money Pit for the last nine years. Thank God we built a new house and just last week sold that other God-forsaken property that has drained us dry. :) By the way, although I say and/or think the "F" word on a daily basis, I, too, cannot say, or even think about using c***... it seems like such an ugly word. (Please note, I am not criticizing those who do use the word, just noting my personal use/non-use of the word).

Kelly said...

Rachelle, a perfect housewarming gift!

Lori, congratulations on your new home!