Monday, October 4, 2010

Before + Progress Pictures: The Historic House By The Water: Kitchen, Part 9

Yoo-hoo. You can see more Before + Progress posts over this-a-way.

Parting ways with our previous contractor forced us to take a brief hiatus to interview new candidates, and I'm happy to report that we're well on our way back to Italian Meatloaf Night. Dragging out the days living on packaged food and Starbucks has been challenging, to say the least, but it was during this time that I realized the secret to surviving any kitchen renovation project.

It is called.

PAUSE FOR EFFECT

Baked Cheetos.

At first, Andrew was amazed that I'd go within two dozen feet of a product plugged by a cat wearing sunglasses and a pop star who frequents gas stations wearing nothing but a thong and a hot pink wig, but I think that the minute that I wrestled him to the ground for the crumbs at the bottom of the bag he fell in love with me all over again.

They're like little crack nuggets.









The bag and all accompanying napkins containing evidence in the form of orange residue will be destroyed within seven days or the completion of The Kitchen, whichever occurs first.

And this behavior is never to mentioned again.



See Part 8 here.
See Part 7
here.
See Part 6
here.
See Part 5
here.
See Part 4
here.
See Part 3
here.
See Part 2
here.
See Part 1
here.

9 comments:

Kate@TwentySixToLife said...

I concur. They are like crack nuggets.

Wendy said...

They are addicting little treats aren't they? Glad to hear you're back on track and looking good!!
Wendy

Steven Anthony said...

its looking good:) cant wait to see the finished product

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Ah ha, now the pause makes sense...appreciated your comment on my weekend post! Differences of opinion create the interesting dialog! Now, hurry up, finish up those bags of cheetos and post some more pictures! Janell

Vonda said...

Totally addicting. I'm into the puffy ones and you can find the ones better for you in the Natural Foods area of my local Kroger. How's that for marketing trickery??

Kelly said...

Wendy, yes. Yes, they are.

Vonda, it's a corporate conspiracy.

Karena said...

I love them, so cannot have them in the house!! You go girl!

Karena
Art by Karena

Life in Rehab said...

I've had an 18 year ban on Cheetos...so why did I just email the hubs to pick some up?

craftosaurus said...

Wait -- are the photos one the right all of drywall? Because I'd hate to have to go to my nearest paint counter and tell them I want to buy 3 gallons of "Drywall," but I find it so pretty.