Saturday, October 2, 2010

KitchenAid Classic Series Dishwasher



So you've been asking about The Kitchen. Well, I have lots to share, but for now, let me just tell you about this dishwasher that we bought from Lowe's today. I'm pretty stoked about the $375 price tag (including free delivery) that we managed to negotiate down from $799. Thanks to a stroke of luck and a manager who was high on pain medication, we will no longer have to eat off of those paper plates that fold in two whenever you try to eat anything heavier than one sixteenth of an ounce. (We actually have the older version of this same KitchenAid model in The Pad By The Sea, and I looove it.) It's quiet and it gets the job done without any pre-washing.

I hate pre-washing.

Anyway. I never shopped at big box stores for appliances in the past, because I had a relationship with a warehouse in South Florida that they couldn't compete with, but a few weeks ago, I scored this $329 Roper dryer for $224 (including delivery and installation) for The University Townhouse. I was able to arrange and negotiate between three Lowe's locations over the phone, and it was surprisingly easy and efficient.

Here's hoping that my streak of good Lowe's luck continues (at least until The Kitchen wraps up)!



4 comments:

Brahm (alfred lives here) said...

Wow - good prices!

We ordered all new Bosch stainless appliances for our new house, quite exciting as is the upgrade from the used white aged Viking crap, er, stuff, we have now.

Loews isnt here yet, open their first store by Christmas. We do have a Home Depot on every corner. They are like Starbucks and Tim Hortons -- everywhere!!

Anonymous said...

Would you please share your trick for getting that dryer? Please!
Margaret

Kelly said...

Margaret, Lowe's provides different prices online based on whatever zip code you put into the search criteria. I put several zip codes in throughout the state of Florida and different prices came up. I then called their main 1.800 number and asked them if they would honor the lowest price plus free delivery and installation. Basically, I was able to negotiate it down by forcing the store managers to compete with one another.

Vonda said...

Dang, we need a new dishwasher!! I love it. I'll have to try that trick between HD and Lowes and see if flys up here.