Monday, November 8, 2010

Manic Monday

Things have been absolutely crazy today. While tracking down rent checks and following up on loud partying tenants, I also managed to get a dress altered, buy a shiny new clutch and a well padded bra, track down the most elusive stinking vacuum bags ever ever made, peruse a new shipment of granite, book a salon trip, book boarding reservations for four dogs, book a haircut for one of them, book another salon trip, return emails, make salmon sandwiches for lunch, check on a slate flooring install, interview a financial advisor, shop for a faucet and a toilet lid and a set of wall hooks, pick up paint trays and sand paper and a badass little doorstop from Pottery Barn, uncover a crusted up vintage window, drop off prescriptions, wash a boatload of new towels, and make a Sephora run.

I also spilled coffee all over myself after trying to take off the sleeve of my Venti Nonfat Latte With Two Pumps Of Mocha Half A Pump Of Hazelnut No Whip But Light Caramel Topping And Extra Extra Extra Salted Caramel Sprinkles.

"You we're trying to double check it, weren't you?" Andrew asked. "Can you ever just trust someone else to handle your shit?"

[Insert blank stare.]

5 comments:

emilyr said...

ha ha! my problem is that i don't test it until i'm at the office and then i'm pissed :)

I wish i got that much stuff done, i procrastinated this weekend by super duper cleaning the kitchen/bathroom/living room. it will still look the same as it did before in about a minute!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

I bet the salmon sandwich was the best part of the day. Yum!

And I thought my Tall Nonfat Latte with 1 Pump of Hazelnut and an Extra Shot of Espresso, No Whip, No Foam drink was complicated. Guess not!

Kelly said...

I know how you feel, Emily. Trust me. We have four dogs so I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

Kristi W @ life at the chateau whitman said...

I just wanna know what you got at Sephora. Spill it!

chacha said...

I get similar comments from my husband about trusting other people to get my stuff done right.