Monday, December 20, 2010

Go Fish

Before we get into the catty fishies let me just hug you for all of the stuff you've been sending about our vacays. Extremely helpful.

Thank you.

So. With that out of the way. Today I decided to make Catfish Stew for lunch. When Andrew came downstairs and decided to assist, I was all, "Great! You can clean up the mess you made in The Kitchen!"




And he was all, "You mean the mess I made MAKING YOU BREAKFAST?"

Anyway. Back to the Catfish Stew.

First, you cut up the fish.

Or, if you've cut off your index finger twice, once while butchering a cantaloupe and once in a second year studio class in architecture school, you let someone else cut up the fish.

Either way.




I like to buy the catfish that's already cajun seasoned. It's easy and makes for a tangier, spicier stew.



Next, fry the bacon over medium heat for two minutes or so.



Add tomatoes, water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and thyme.


Add the fish. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook about twenty five minutes.



Voila. Prepare yourself for delicious.



Catfish Stew

serves 2

1 pound cajun seasoned catfish fillets
4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup of water
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme

3 comments:

autumn said...

um yeah...when i first read the first few sentences of this post i was like "ewww...catfish stew?" but by the time you got to the bacon, i was a convert, and at the end of the recipe, my mouth was watering and i was printing the recipe. thanks for sharing. it really looks delicious!

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

It is! And I thought the same thing the first time I heard of Catfish Stew, too. But, trust me, it's sooo good. Plus, it's really healthy and easy to make.

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

I've never really eaten much catfish, but that looks good!! I'm sure my husband can relate to index finger injuries during architecture studio. :) I, on the other hand, tend to cut myself any time I hold a knife.