We're leaving in less than five weeks for our first getaway of the year, which is Barcelona to Rome to New York to Sugarbush, which Andrew keeps accidentally confusing with Sugarfoot except that I don't even think that a Sugarfoot exists, although wouldn't that make a lot more sense than a ski resort named SugarBUSH?
And, yes, I'll blog throughout so you don't miss the broken bones.
So anyway. The trip.
You helped me with my initial questions about planning so I thought that I might ask you to join your superpower forces one more time and lend your expertise again. Just so you know, telling me, "For God's sake, DO NOT PACK THAT GREEN SWEATSHIRT," is not considered helpful advice, which means, ALLISON, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.
Without further ado, here's what I'd like to know...
1. I eat. Like, all. the. time. What are your most packable snacks?
2. Any money saving tips for us? Andrew is rolling his eyes, but I'll totally listen.
3. I should bother with lingerie, right? (What, Allison?)
4. If you only had time to eat at ONE pizza place in New York, where would you go?
5. How do I say, "While he's in the bathroom, I would like you to spike his soda with vodka," in Spanish? In Italian?
6. Along those lines, I know how to say agua. I can also count to ten in Spanish. This is adequate, correct?
7. What's your favorite restaurant in Rome? In Barcelona? If you steer me toward a place that causes food poisoning I will Fedex you my vomit.
8. This is the first time either of us have ever driven from New York to Vermont. Is there any place that we cannot miss along the way? Or are we just asking to get caught in a cataclysmic blizzard?
9. Andrew swears by those Dr. Scholl's Gel inserts, but I've always been a custom orthodics girl, WELL. I. WAS, that is before they got stolen in a pair of Adidas that I left on the beach to do sprints in the sand. So there's some homeless guy with really small feet walking around Miami with $500 insoles right now, I hope you're enjoying them. Anyway, are those gel thingies really as great as they look on the commercials with the people who are singing in the rain and letting their cabs get ganked?
10. Your best travel story. Hint: Do not tell me, I went to Rome and it SUCKED.