Thursday, February 17, 2011

World Tour: Part 1, Day 8



















While we lounged on the rocks of the Colosseum and Roman Forum, Andrew read me stories of ancient death matches and imprisoned virgins and Caeser's corrupt entourage. Somehow it led to a discussion about new homes and how painfully I miss the dogs SOMEONE PLEASE CHANGE THE SUBJECT BEFORE I START CRYING ABOUT THE DOGS. Again.

So there's that.

Anyway, we talked and talked and talked, and as we did I watched the sun set slowly and thought about how hard I've worked, how much I've been through, how every single thing in my life happened exactly how it did so that I'd end up on those specific rocks with precisely this person on just the very day that I did. And did I mention I spent much of my life working my ass off?

But the point is, I'm finally living. This moment.

11 comments:

Katie @ Domestiphobia.net said...

Like.

(wait, this isn't facebook?)

a Broad said...

Wonderful !

Corey said...

goods things to those who have earned it! Congrats and enjoy

Deb said...

Sometimes you have to take a step back to see what you've been missing. Don't miss out on the good stuff :)

I WILL get to Rome one day and see this in person. A-MAZ-ING.

Kate said...

LOVE these photos Kelly! The Colosseum was one of my favourites in Rome - with all that history in that area, it really has a way of making you and your problems feel so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

glad you are living the dream my dear!

jessalyn said...

so completely amazeballs.
hope you are having an unbelievably wonderful amazing time!

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

Deb, you should definitely check it out at least once. And you're right about the other.

Kate, thank you! Finally learning how to take a picture.

Jess, we're having a BLAST. And no broken bones yet!

Brian said...

Have a great time! Italy is one of the best places to visit in the world.

My Beautiful Life said...

I have no idea what you have been through, but it sounds like the road has had some rough moments. I'm so sorry. Glad you are able to enjoy the fruit of all your labor right now. I know it is so much more meaningful since you're getting to enjoy it with the one you love.

Property Investment Seminar said...

Wow nice place. I like the pictures!

Cindy @The Flipping Couple said...

Your last paragraph was absolutely beautiful. And such a good reminder. Of a lot of things. I'm SO GLAD you're taking this trip/time for yourself.