First, in case you haven't figured it out, we've actually been back from the west coast for weeks, and I've been writing the World Tour posts in retrospect... I will get around to wrapping up the second part, and eventually I'll probably finish the first, maaaybe even before we head out for the THIRD LEG in July, because. eff. yeah. there's more.
I can't help myself.
Anyway, before I go back to posting about the trip(s), I thought I might include a few random things from lately...
1. Andrew and I went for a run in the pouring rain on Friday afternoon, and as we were sprinting over Main Street Bridge (a huge steel bridge that passes over Saint John's River) I happened to look over my left shoulder just in time to see a Lincoln Navigator going airborne. Directly toward us. I body checked a Andrew and a total stranger (!) hard enough to let them know to GET OUT OF THE WAY! The Lincoln ended up landing on two cars going the opposite direction, missing us by yards. It was one of the scariest things I've ever seen. When we got home I took this photo to remind myself of how good I have it. You know, with Andrew alive.
2. We signed a start date extension with our tenants for the place we're living in now. It pushes the move out until August. (We've found lots of houses, but none of them are The One. Still looking.) We also signed a lease with new tenants for The University Townhouse. I'm hopeful everyone else will renew this season.
3. Came home to a message from a tenant in South Florida that said, "Hi Kelly, the ceiling is caving in. Please call." THE CEILING IS FALLING. Just the sort of thing I have nightmares about. Turns out a main plumbing line was kaput and the entire thing had to be replaced. Along with the ceiling. Along with my sanity.
4. Collided into a ginormous sea turtle while running one evening on the beach. Never gets old.
5. We had our second year anniversary. It was disgustingly amazing. Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime.