Monday, August 1, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons




I got my pasta on and threw this together the other night.

Using noodles from a box.

If you make yours from scratch or were hatched from Italians, well, you'll probably want to grab your eye muffs.

Just thought I'd share this since we ended up licking the plates and all.


Lemon Rotini With Grouper

1/2 a box of Barilla Plus Pasta
1 lemon
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
shredded Parmesan cheese
sea salt
black pepper
1/2 a zucchini, chopped
2 grouper filets


The fragrance and juice from the lemon against the sea salty Parmesan is what really makes this work.

Be generous with the salt, starting with the pasta water.



While the water starts boiling preheat the oven to 350 degrees.



I usually keep a healthy stock of frozen grouper in the freezer, so I take this time to defrost it under hot water.

Maybe you remember our freezer?



I love it oodles.

I also love this little man.



Except when he screams and karate chops the french doors instead of visiting Tinkle Town.

That's his angry face, by the way.

Anyway, by now the water should be boiling so go ahead and pour in the pasta.

Season the fish with whatever floats your boat. Pop it in the oven for twenty minutes or until it's white and flaky.



Juice the lemon and beat it with two tablespoons of the olive oil. Stir in the Parmesan and salt and pepper.

Coat a pan with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Turn the heat on medium high.




Throw in the chopped zucchini. I only leave it in for a few minutes, so it retains a bit of it's crunch.

When the pasta is done combine it with cheese mix.




Break apart the fish and stir it into the pasta.

Serve topped with the zucchini and just a tad of lemon zest.


11 comments:

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Looks really good and easy and healthy, the perfect combo!

aBroad said...

It is morning here but I would still like a big bowl of this, right now.
besos

autumn said...

YUM! looks fantastic. i don't ever think to put fish (besides salmon) into a pasta dish, so this is very inspiring.

Rolerkite said...

ah grouper. You make me miss my Floridian roots.

Mrs. H said...

Looks delicious and super healthy! I will have to try this out!

Vonda said...

Oh dude and I brought grouper home from our last beach trip. And you haven't failed me yet on a great recipe!

Leslie @ NE Portland Bungalow said...

Looks and sounds great!

Seen on a bumper sticker in Portland: "When life gives you lemons, paint that shit gold!"

Jennifer Rod said...

Oh my! looks delish. nice work.

Cass said...

yummy yummy yummy!! I need this blog to be more inspired about my own very lazy cooking

Katie @ Domestiphobia.net said...

Oooh it's a whole cooking tutorial! I'm definitely trying this if I can find some decent-looking grouper up in this hole... Think tilapia would work as a substitute?

Alli (and Tommy too!) said...

Whoa! Easy and delish. Pinning this!