Monday, March 19, 2012

Chasing The Headstand

Hello.

So (thanks to your suggestions) we spent this weekend trying everything imaginable to coax this kid into position, including...

1. flashing a light near my hooha
2. the Webster technique
3. putting ice on my ribs
4. changing positions
5. begging
6. pleading
7. warm baths
8. begging
9. pleading
10. tunage near my nether regions



If anyone is curious what playlist will not work on a breech baby, here is a sampling...

1. Just Like Heaven, The Cure
2. Skinny Love, Bon Iver
3. Like A G6, Far East Movement
4. True Colors, Eva Cassidy
5. Brown Eyed Girl, Van Morrison
6. Scarlet Begonias, Grateful Dead
7. Isn't She Lovely, Stevie Wonder
8. Feels Like Home, Chantal Kreviuk
9. Don't You Remember, Adele
10. In My Life, The Beatles

I could tell he liked the music, but apparently Adele and Stevie Wonder do not inspire my little man to stand on his head. (Which, really, why would this shock me?) I should try Madonna's early stuff perhaps. Fairly proven, I'd guess.

p.s. I have not been able to get this sofa out of my head for The Office. But where to find a quality one in navy that doesn't cost a billion dollars??? Will keep you posted.

14 comments:

Deb said...

Boo :( None of that worked for me either but I was hoping he'd flip on his own. Stubborn little baby :)

Lynett said...

I love that picture! Aw poor little guy! Maybe he just doesn't have the room to turn around?!

Leslie @ NE Portland Bungalow said...

My girlfriend got a nice Chesterfield from Toscano. They do all sorts of colors. I think each coach is built per order. Not cheap but well made. They occassionally pop up on Craiglist, too!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Turn baby turn!!

You look amazing btw. Sending happy thoughts your way. Just remember that babies can still come out head last, just saying. ; )

Stacie@hometownperch said...

I was just wondering about you today. I'm glad you posted a pregnancy update. I hope he turns soon.

And for the couch, what about the Chester sofa from West Elm in Lagoon velvet? It's not blue leather but it's still an amazing, moody blue.

Nutbird said...

Did you try Phoebe Howard in Jacksonville Beach on A1A? Good luck. How about acupuncture?

NotesFromAbroad said...

Silly, just stand on your head !
:O)

I love the sofa. Sofas are a bone of contention in my house right now. I hate ours. to be continued.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Well if Just Like Heaven didn't work, nothing will. Neat photo!

Tasha said...

Beautiful photo.

Sandra said...

Just think of of it as ammo for the guilt trip you can use when he's a teenager!

Life in Rehab said...

Thom was breech too, and milkshakes bolted down like I was in a college chugging contest made him handspring into position. To this day, he won't go near a milkshake.

We're all waiting!

Laura said...

Just popped in to catch up and had just seen this couc
h on another blog, thought I would pass it along:

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Gordon_Tufted_Sofa/760/

It gets great reviews and for the price it might be worth a shot. Love your blog, always entertaining!

Bliss said...

Breech is not funny, but typing whoha is!

~Bliss~

the gnarling tree said...

At the risk of being another one of "those" people who comment, I heard a story on our local NPR station recently about Sifting (apparently long used by midwives and nurses in Mexico to help flip the baby from breech to... the other way that because I don't have kids I don't know what the word is. Normal way?
It has something to do with a big piece of cloth and they stand behind you and pull it from side to side under your belly. Didn't sound comfortable, but they said it works on 7 out of 9 babies...
a clinic in Tacoma, Washington
http://www.kuow.org/program.php?id=20591

Because ya never know.