Saturday, April 7, 2012

Like Buttah

A couple of weeks ago, after discovering fifty two thousand nine hundred and seventy three recipes for peanut butter bars on Pinterest, I did a little experimenting. Two mixing bowls, sixty minutes, and one single sumptuous bite later, it was like the skies parted and time stood still and down plopped the Holy Grail of all things dessert like.

Andrew and I will never be the same.




Peanut Butter Bars

1 cup Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend
1 cup fresh organic peanut butter, excess oil drained
2 cups Low Fat Honey Maid Cinnamon Grahams, crumbled
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups Green + Black's Organic Chocolate

Melt butter and peanut butter. Add graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Mix until well blended. Press into ungreased 9" x 13" pan. Melt chocolate. Add some extra peanut butter if you like. Spread on top of graham crackers. Refrigerate for fifty minutes.


(I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend!)

9 comments:

NotesFromAbroad said...

When we get back to the US and we find a house and I have a nice big kitchen where I will have all the ingredients for something like this - I will make it :)
besos.

Deb said...

My mom makes those (although with non-healthy ingredients) AND MY KIDS LOVE THEM!! We can only make them once a year or I'll eat them - all of them. Glad you are indulging yourself - you deserve it!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I will be making these NOW.

craftosaurus said...

Oh WOW, those look amazing.

HaveStephWillTravel said...

Holy crap, those look yummy! Going to try them out this week.

Happy Easter weekend!

SHERRY HART said...

I think my life would be just as happy if I had not seen these pictures and gotten this recipe....dang.

Bliss said...

I need the sky to quit parting above me and plopping goodies down, it's causing my thighs to rub and I'm afraid I will soon combust.

~Bliss~

Tasha said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm inspired to try again. I made these once before, but it was last minute and I used ingredients that I already had on hand...which included subpar chocolate and stale graham crackers. Needless to say, they were not as yummy and delicious as I had hoped they would be. Stale-weird graham aftertaste is not really what you hope for when you bite into a peanut butter cup.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Ok, I made these on Easter and I want to marry them. Thank you.