1. This is what hiring a landscaper, fixing your irrigation system, and hatching a baby does for you.
2. I finally caved and bought a pair of sunglasses to run in. I don't like the feel of anything on my face when I'm working out and generally hate hate hate the look of running shades. (Ugly. In a Robocop meets Paris Hilton kinda way.) Anyway, I settled on these Maui Jim's, and they're good. Light as a feather. The a-train likes them, too.
3. Speaking of the Gremlin, we're enjoying him. He's laughing and smiling and making faces all the time. It makes me happier than I even have words for. I razzleberry. I kiss incessantly. If you're wondering where I've been over the last few weeks, it was probably somewhere between our bedroom and the nursery and with ten tiny toes shoved into my mouth.
My how times have changed.
4. Made these a few times. Andrew loves them. Swapped the sunflower seeds for chopped raw almonds.
5. The men folk surprised me with a pretty little diamond bracelet with a disc that has Aston's birth date and initials. I'm not sure it qualifies as a push present since technically there was no hard labor involved, but I think we can all agree that they made me work for it. (Understatement of the century.) I love love love it. Haven't taken it off since they gave it to me.
6. I've been wearing the Bjorn ev.er.y.where. He breastfeeds in it which is, um, awkward when strangers decide to peek under the blanket without asking. I have a long story about that which involves a Beemer, gold teeth, and Mr. Miyagi. I'll have to share it later. LONG STORY. Anyway, here we are leaving for a party at my neighbors, milk buzz underway. (He was the hit of the night, naturally.)
7. Apologies for the random catch up post, and thank you to those who cared enough to check in over the last few weeks. I've been having a hellish recovery but the. most. wonderful. time giving belly kisses and morning nuzzles and trying to ignore the laundry. My brain isn't working well enough to string together anything more meaningful than this update right now, but I'll come back sooner than later to try. Promise!